3DAAA IS calling for nominations for Life Members of the Association to be presented at Nationals.
The Life Membership policy is here please read before submitting your nominations. Nomination form is the last 2 pages of the policy. Please fill out and submit to Secretary@3daaa.com.au, Closing date for 2023 will be Sunday 29 October 2023. Only 2 people per year will be awarded this, the highest recognition within 3DAAA.
Criteria for Life Membership
The individual nominated:
• must have made a significant contribution to the management or achievement of the Association
• must have contributed at least 10 years continuous membership of the Association.
• must in the opinion of the Committee, be a person fit to represent the Association in both the archery and broader community.
The award of Life Membership shall be recognised through:
• the presentation of a plaque at the Association’s Annual Awards presentation or failing that, a venue decided by the Executive of the Association.
• acknowledgement in the Association’s media.
• receipt of membership benefits free of charge.
Over time all Associations and organisations identify people who through their exploits and their presence become legends. The awards were first instituted by Terry Sheather and presented at the infamous Pub with No Beer shoot at Taylors Arm about 30kms south west of Macksville in NSW.
The objective was to recognise people who had, a continuous association with archery for many years, and not just in shooting but being involved in all aspects of the game. They were people that if you were talking to an archer and mentioned their names, people would say “yes I’ve heard of them“.
In 2002 the Committee took over the award and presented one to Terry. The Association now has 5 awardees.
3DAAA Is also looking for the next group of living legends, Please submit an email to email@example.com or your state liaisons to identify your local Living legend.